The City of Beloit’s Parks and Leisure Services Division offers reservations for picnic shelters May through first weekend of October. The facilities offer 8-10 picnic tables and can accommodate up to 100 people.
Reservations are not taken for picnic areas without a shelter. These areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All shelter reservations can be made in person beginning the first business day in January at the Leisure Services Office, 1003 Pleasant Street.
For more information, please call (608) 364-2890 Ext. 1 Monday-Friday between 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Click to see: 2017-picnic-shelter-pics-guidelines
Shelter & Facility Rental Fees
Picnic Shelters: Hilliard, Krueger, Big Hills Lower, Big Hills Upper, Midlawn, US Pride, Leeson, & Horace White Park Gazebo, (Resident) $40.00 Day | (Non-Resident) $55.00 Day
Leeson Park Pavilion Reservation (Resident) $110.00 Day | (Non-Resident) $120.00 Day
Jones & Moore Pavilion Reservation (Resident) $125.00 Day | (Non-Resident) $135.00 Day
Big Hill Center – click here for fees and details
Krueger Pool Rental – click here for fees and details
Rotary River Center – click here for fees and details
Telfer Park Pavilion – click here for fees and details
Parks Grounds Rental – $25.00 (Space for tent, chairs, ceremony, etc. in immediate area near the pavilion or shelter being rented). When using tents, digging is not allowed in the City Parks. Sandbags must be used. NO INFLATABLES ALLOWED!!
Baseball/Softball Field – Rental $25.00 Day
Baseball/Softball Field – Preparation of the field is $65.00 per Day
Reservation Procedures for Shelters/Pavilions:
- All rental fees must be paid when making the reservation. Sorry, no holds!
- Picnic shelters, including the Jones Pavilion and Moore Pavilion reservations may be made for the period of May through the first weekend of October.
- All reservations are on a first-come-first-served basis. Reservations permits are posted weekly.
- City of Beloit residents are able to obtain a beer permit at no cost at the Leisure Services Office between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Valid and current Identification card is required showing proof of residency along with a 24 hour notice.
- SPECIAL EVENT PERMITS: Permits can be obtained from the Leisure Services Office (608-364-2890 Ext. 2) when an organized group wants to sell, possess and/or consume beer in those parks designated by City Ordinance.
- NOISE ORDINANCE: Loudspeakers, amplification equipment, or other devices causing considerable noise may be used in Riverside Park (Moore Pavilion, Jones Pavilion and Mid-Lawn Shelter), and at Leeson Pavilion ONLY. Amplification devices are not permitted in any of the other parks. Any use of the parks must not detract from the enjoyment by other park patrons.
- Park hours are dawn to 10 p.m. except for Big Hill Park, which closes at 9 p.m.
- PARK GROUNDS RENTALS: Shelter rentals are for the reservation of shelters and immediate grounds only. A park grounds fee of $25 is required for expanded use (such as chairs, tents, etc. on the lawn). Set up of extra equipment adjacent to or near any shelter requires a Park Grounds Rental Fee.
- NO inflatables or digging in any City Park. When utilizing a tent(s), use sandbag(s) for securing.
- Shelter reservations do not include ball fields or volleyball courts. These are used on a first come-first served basis. Any reservations of ball fields must go through the Recreation Supervisor at 608-364-2890, Ext.2.
- REFUND POLICY: After a permit is issued, a partial refund is available up to seven (7) days prior to the reservation date. A $15.00 service fee will be retained. A check will be processed and mailed to the address on the permit. Refunds are not given at our office. All fees will be retained for all cancellations which are less than seven (7) days prior to reservation date. Rained-out dates will not be refunded. However, a second date can be reserved without charge if applied for within 2 business days.
- PARK SHELTER RENTER RESPONSIBILITIES: Groups holding permits are required to leave picnic grounds in a clean and orderly condition. Any out of the ordinary work required by Parks and Grounds Division Personnel to clean the picnic area following use by a group will be billed to the person renting the facility on a cost basis. Please bring extra garbage bags for excess garbage. Thank you!
- No party reserving a picnic shelter has the authority to drive into a park or up to a shelter to unload or load their picnic items (food, etc.). There will also be no parking of vehicles on grassy areas surrounding picnic shelters; especially at the Harry C. Moore Pavilion at Riverside Park.
- Renters should have access to their Park Shelter Permit and Beer Permit (if applicable) at all times.
- If you have a problem with the shelter on a weekend or after business hours, call 608-364-2929.
- RESTROOMS IN CITY PARKS WILL BE CLOSED MID OCTOBER.
- RESTROOMS IN CITY PARKS WILL BE OPENED BY MAY 1ST.