Friday, August 23 at the Rotary River Center located in Riverside Park (1160 Riverside Drive) 12-6 p.m. Avoid waiting in long lines on Saturday morning.
- **PRE CHECK IN allows your child to go directly to the start area on Saturday as everything should be in the goody bag. Arrive at the race location approximately a 1/2-hour before your race time if you check in on Friday.
- Saturday, August 24 at the Upper level of the Big Hill Center; arrive at least 45 minutes before your race start.
- Ages 4-6 (including adult companion runners): 9 a.m.
- Ages 7-9: 9:45 a.m.
- Ages 10-13: 10:30 a.m.
- Ages 14-18: 11:15 a.m.
- Special Needs (ages 4-18): 11:30 a.m.
Tips for a Great Experience
- Waiver. There is a waiver that will need to be completed upon arrival before receiving goody bags; if you registered online you need to complete a waiver. You may download the form in advance and print it at beloitrecreation.com or complete upon arrival at check in. Please allow extra time to complete this form.
- Parking and Free Shuttle Buses. Parking at Big Hill Park is limited, so we are providing free shuttle buses. The main entrance at Big Hill Park will be closed during the duration of the event. Follow the signs for parking in the participants’ lot for the day of the event. The use of the free shuttle buses is highly encouraged. The shuttle buses will be provided from Beloit Memorial High School Parking lot (south end) to and from the main parking lot area at Big Hill Park. The shuttle trip is approximately 9 minutes each way, based on shuttle availability, and will run continuously. Taking advantage of the shuttle saves you and your family a long walk from the onsite parking. It also helps our parking crunch as our numbers continue to grow each year. Please arrive early and allow some extra time for the shuttle to drop you off just a short walk from your destination. If it rains, this will also avoid your vehicle getting muddy and possibly stuck in the onsite parking area. Shuttles begin at 8 a.m. and will continue until approximately 1 p.m.
- Shoes. We recommend duct taping old tennis shoes to your child’s feet. Mud pits like to eat shoes! Bring a plastic bag to carry muddy shoes home. The DUNK Your KICKS Program is no longer accepting donations from mud events, so please don’t leave your shoes in the park. Dumpsters will be provided at the park and in the on-site parking area.
- Rinse Station. The Beloit Fire Department is providing rinse off areas for your use. We recommend bringing several old towels or garbage bags from home to protect your vehicle as well as for cleanup.
- Food. The Beloit Youth Hockey Association will be selling hot dogs, brats, chips, soda and water. All participants will have a coupon in their race bag for a free hot dog.
- Photos. We have worked diligently this year to provide ADDITIONAL parent viewing areas so please stay off the course unless you are registered to be a companion. We also have a professional photographer team taking pics! Please check out https://www.facebook.com/BeloitWIParksandRec/. If you are posting your photos online, please tag us on Facebook or on Instagram (@cityofbeloit) or use the hashtag #BeloitDirtyDash.
- Bathrooms. Porta Johns are provided and are located in the parking lot in front of the building. There is no access to the restrooms inside the building.
- Adult Participants. New this year we are allowing one adult 18 or older to accompany any child who is registered for the Bunny Loop (ages 4 – 6). This adult MUST be registered and sign a waiver as well. There is no charge for them to accompany their child. A 2nd running bib is required for adults to go with their child, please make sure it’s in your bag! If you are picking up Friday, please inform the volunteers at that time so we do not slow down the line on race day.
- T-shirts & Goodie Bags. If you registered by July 31, your t-shirt, number and safety pins will be included with in your goodie bag. If you registered in August and paid for a T-shirt (not automatically included in registration after August 1), we will order you a shirt after the event and it will be mailed directly to the address you provided us at registration. Please allow a few weeks to receive your shirt.
The Beloit Dirty Dash will take place
rain or shine.
If there is a need to delay or cancel a race or the event due to inclement weather, we will post information on social media at https://www.facebook.com/beloitwiparksandrec/.
We will also have our Emcee making announcements. If necessary, we will open the facility for shelter.