The free splash pads located in Vernon and Summit parks are officially opening on Saturday, May 29, 2021. The hours of operation will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through Labor Day weekend.
Vernon Park is located at 934 Vernon Ave. Summit Park is located at 1218 Henry Ave.
This is the first time the splash pads are being opened. They were installed in late 2019 and remained closed last season due to COVID-19. The City of Beloit encourages individuals to social distance while using the splash pads.
The following rules are in effect at the splash pad:
- Play at your own risk; the splash pad is unsupervised.
- Individuals with contagious/communicable disease or open cuts should not use the splash pad.
- Children ages 9 and under must be supervised by a guardian 16 or older.
- If inclement weather/lightning is detected, the splash pad will be closed. Seek shelter immediately.
- Children wearing diapers must wear tightly fitted plastic pants or a swim diaper.
The following items and activities are prohibited while using the splash pad:
- Pool toys, floats, or chairs
- Animals (service animals allowed)
- Food, drink, candy, gum, or tobacco products
- Climbing, pulling, or hanging on the equipment
- Glass items
- Skateboards, skates, rollerblades, scooters, bicycles
- Street shoes
- Baby strollers or carriers
- Diaper changing
- Drinking the water
Please inspect the area before use. If you notice anything that requires immediate
attention, please contact the City of Beloit 608-364-2929.