The City of Beloit is opening Krueger Pool this weekend and next weekend.
Concessions, the diving well, and lap lanes will not be available this weekend due to staffing levels.
We anticipate opening additional weekends as staffing allows. Stay tuned for more updates.
The City continues to hire lifeguards and cashiers to boost staffing levels to open this summer. Interested candidates can apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beloitwi.
The City of Beloit is not immune to the challenges faced by lifeguard shortages nationwide. Recruitment outreach for these positions began in March 2022 and will continue throughout the season.
The City of Beloit reminds guests that the following rules are in place:
· Bag Checks: Our bag and cooler checks are an extra safety measure for pool patrons. Glass and sharp objects, among other items, are prohibited from the pool area for the safety of all our guests. If you have glass bottles or other sharp objects, you will be asked to return those items to your vehicle prior to being admitted to the pool.
· Supervision: Children under age 12 must have a parent or responsible custodian with them at all times. The custodian must be age 16 or above.
· Life Jackets: Please leave the water wings and floaties at home. We recognize that not everyone is a strong swimmer, so we have U.S. Coast Guard-approved floatation devices available while visiting the pool. If you want to bring your own life jacket vest, it must be a U.S. Coast Guard-approved device.
· Credit Cards: There is no need to dig to the bottom of your bag for that last quarter. We now accept credit and debit cards to pay for daily admission.
· Code of Conduct: We want all of our guests to have an enjoyable time while enjoying our city facilities and ask pool guests to review and adhere to our code of conduct. The code of conduct will be posted at the entrance.
We will post all weather or staffing cancellations our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BeloitWIParksandRec.