Krueger Pool, 1700 Hackett St., is set to open for the season on Saturday, June 12. Reservations will be required this year due to COVID-19.
Currently, reservations will be available in two-hour time slots on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays due to staffing needs. The City of Beloit will increase available swimming days if additional lifeguards can be hired. Certified lifeguards looking for work this summer are highly encouraged to visit www.beloitwi.gov and apply for open lifeguarding positions.
“It is important to give our kids and our families an opportunity to get out, to recreate, and to have a safe place to cool off,” said Director of Parks and Recreation Mark Edwards. “It is going to be a hot summer, and we wanted to give our families the opportunity to play in the pool and make fun summer memories in the safest way possible.”
The pool capacity will be limited to 75 people per session. Sessions will be 2 hours a day Fridays through Sundays. The fee for pool entry is $2/person per session. We are not offering season passes for 2021 due to the low cost of daily admission and limited hours.
Families may sign up for no more than one session a day as space is available. The schedule is as follows to allow time for cleaning between sessions:
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- 2 to 4 p.m.
- 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Individuals can reserve their swim sessions by calling 608-364-2877. We will begin taking reservations on Monday each week. Initial reservations will begin on Monday, June 7.
The schedule hours will allow us to serve up to 225 guests per day open swim is available. Beloit residents will receive preference when making registrations.
Other things to know include:
- Pool guests must come dressed in their swimsuits.
- Guests may arrive five minutes prior to their reserved time slot and must line up using the markings on the sidewalk before entering the pool.
- No locker room will be available for changing.
- Restrooms and showers will be available; restrooms and showers will be sanitized every half hour.
- Bag checks will be completed in the grassy area with social distancing requirements in place. Individuals will pay their pool entry fee at the cashier booth, and enter the pool area on the north side of the pool bathhouse.
- No coolers.
- No pool noodles or kickboards.
- Life jackets and puddle jumpers will be available if needed; pool staff will sanitize the life jackets and puddle jumpers between each guest.
- Guards and pool managers will closely monitor for physical distancing.
- Individual family areas will be reserved and marked off to provide physical distancing. Personal chairs are welcome and encouraged.
- Pre-packaged food items will be available to purchase in the concession area.
- The diving well and diving board will be available, but the slide will be unavailable this summer. A swim test must be taken in order to use this area.
- The splash pad will be open with physical distancing requirements.
- No water aerobics.
- No pool rentals.
- No swim lessons.
Reminder, other pool rules remain in place, including bag checks and supervision of children under age 12.