The City of Beloit’s Parks and Recreation Division offers reservations for picnic shelters May through first weekend of October.
Reservations are not taken for picnic areas without a shelter. These areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All shelter reservations can be made in person beginning the first business day in January at the Parks and Recreation Office, 2351 Springbrook Court or via telephone with a credit card.
For more information, please call (608) 364-2890 Monday-Friday between 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Shelter & Facility Rental Fees
Picnic Shelters: Hilliard, Krueger, Big Hills Lower, Big Hills Upper, Midlawn, US Pride, Leeson, & Horace White Park Gazebo, (Resident) $40.00 Day | (Non-Resident) $55.00 Day
Leeson Park Pavilion Reservation (Resident) $110.00 Day | (Non-Resident) $120.00 Day
Jones & Moore Pavilion Reservation (Resident) $125.00 Day | (Non-Resident) $135.00 Day
Big Hill Center – click here for fees and details
Krueger Pool Rental – click here for fees and details
Rotary River Center – click here for fees and details
Telfer Park Pavilion – click here for fees and details
Parks Grounds Rental – $95.00 (Space for tent, chairs, ceremony, etc. in immediate area near the pavilion or shelter being rented).
Baseball/Softball Field – Rental $25.00 Day
Baseball/Softball Field – Preparation of the field is $65.00 per Day
Reservation Procedures for Shelters/Pavilions:
- All rental fees must be paid when making the reservation. Sorry, no holds!
- Picnic shelters, including the Jones Pavilion and Moore Pavilion reservations may be made for the period of May through the first weekend of October.
- All reservations are on a first-come-first-served basis. Reservations permits are posted weekly on or near the shelters.
- Reservations are made either in person at 2351 Springbrook Court or over the phone with a credit card and the permit is either emailed or picked up later by the renter.
- City of Beloit residents are able to obtain a beer permit at no cost at 2351 Springbrook Court between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Valid and current Identification card is required showing proof of residency along with a 24 hour notice.
- SPECIAL EVENT PERMITS: Permits can be obtained from 2351 Springbrook Court when an organized group wants to sell, possess and/or consume beer in those parks designated by City Ordinance, have a public event, or special entertainment.
- NOISE ORDINANCE: Loudspeakers, amplification equipment, or other devices causing considerable noise may be used in Riverside Park (Moore Pavilion, Jones Pavilion and Mid-Lawn Shelter) ONLY. Amplification devices are not permitted in any of the other parks. Any use of the parks must not detract from the enjoyment by other park patrons.
- Park hours are dawn to 10 p.m. except for Big Hill Park, which closes at 9 p.m.
- PARK GROUNDS RENTALS: Shelter rentals are for the reservation of shelters and immediate grounds only. A park grounds fee of $95 is required for expanded use (such as chairs, tents, etc. on the lawn). Set up of extra equipment adjacent to or near any shelter requires a Park Grounds Rental Fee.
- When securing tents or inflatables at Riverside Park, use sandbag(s) or water barrels for securing as digging in Riverside Park is prohibited.
- All other parks when digging (except Riverside Park) Alliant Energy MUST be called to mark the utility pipes/lines. The City of Beloit is not responsible for any damage/broken lines/pipes. 5 days in advance you will need to call Digger’s Hotline at 800-242-8511 to put in a work order. They will mark where you can dig at. This is a FREE service – so please make sure this is done!
- Shelter reservations do not include ball fields or volleyball courts. These are used on a first come-first served basis. Any reservations of ball fields must go through the Recreation Supervisor at 608-364-2929 Ext. 7022.
- REFUND POLICY: After a permit is issued, a partial refund is available up to seven (7) days prior to the reservation date. A $15.00 service fee will be retained. A check will be processed and mailed to the address on the permit. Refunds are not given at our office. All fees will be retained for all cancellations which are less than seven (7) days prior to reservation date. Rained-out dates will not be refunded. However, a second date can be reserved without charge if applied for within 2 business days. Policy for Cancellation 2018
- When cancelling, the permit must be brought in person to the office at 2351 Springbrook Court with an ID.
- PARK SHELTER RENTER RESPONSIBILITIES: Groups holding permits are required to leave picnic grounds in a clean and orderly condition. Any out of the ordinary work required by Parks and Grounds Division Personnel to clean the picnic area following use by a group will be billed to the person renting the facility on a cost basis. Please bring extra garbage bags for excess garbage. Thank you!
- No party reserving a picnic shelter has the authority to drive into a park or up to a shelter to unload or load their picnic items (food, etc.). There will also be no parking of vehicles on grassy areas surrounding picnic shelters; especially at the Harry C. Moore Pavilion at Riverside Park.
- Renters should have access to their Park Shelter Permit and Beer Permit (if applicable) at all times.
- If you have a problem with the shelter, call 608-364-2929.
- RESTROOMS IN CITY PARKS WILL BE CLOSED MID OCTOBER.
- RESTROOMS IN CITY PARKS WILL BE OPENED BY MAY 1ST.
- Click here for current pictures with details of each shelter available for rent: 2018 Picnic Shelter Pics & Guidelines English & Spanish