Location: 2101 Cranston Road, Beloit, WI 53511
Telfer Park Hours: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm. Hours may be extended for softball leagues and Beloit Snapper games.
Located on 28 acres, Telfer Park provides a wide variety of sporting events to the community such as skate boarding, ice skating, soccer, softball, baseball, and a playground.
The park includes a skate park which is available for skateboarding, roller blades, and BMX riders. This unique “hybrid” skate park contains modular ramp elements for “pro” skaters, concrete stairs and metal rails for “street” skaters.
Within the park you can find baseball and softball diamonds and playground equipment. Also the main baseball diamond is the home of the Beloit Snappers.
Edwards Activity & Sports Center
Rental of Edwards Activity & Sports Center begins in May until approximately the first weekend of September (varies according to hockey season). Reservations for the following year may be made and paid for no sooner than one year in advance of the current year rental date OR at the time of key return. We will operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Full payment is due at the time of reservation. All Special Event groups reserving Edwards Activity & Sports Center will be required to present a Certificate of Insurance and fill out Special Event paper work. The hours of use are 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. Music must stop before 10:00 pm. Approximately 20 picnic tables are available for use.
City of Beloit residents:
Up to 200 people is $275 plus a $200 deposit.
200 to 500 people is $375 plus $200 deposit.
501-1000 people is $475 plus $200 deposit.
Over 1000 people the rate is $500 plus a $200 deposit.
Non residents (do not live in the City of Beloit):
Up to 200 people is $375 plus a $200 deposit.
200 to 500 people is $475 plus $200 deposit.
501-1000 people is $575 plus $200 deposit.
Over 1000 people the rate is $600 plus a $200 deposit.
When renting for 2 days there is a 25% discount off the 1st day rental. When renting for 3 days there is a 35% discount off the 1st day rental.
- All reservations must be made in person through the Parks & Rec Office located at 2351 Springbrook Ct. Beloit, WI. The office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm. Telephone: 608-364-2890. The Recreation Supervisor or designee must approve all reservation requests; Parks & Recreation Division reserves the right to refuse a reservation or permit to any individual/group.
- A Beer Permit is offered to City of Beloit residents (ONLY) and required for groups desiring to consume beer or wine. Permittee must be present while beer is being served. Application for the permit is available through the City of Beloit Parks and Recreation Dept. Monday through Friday 7:00 to 4:00 at no charge. Permits must be processed at least 24 hours in advance of the rental date. Please bring a current form of ID showing City of Beloit residency for the permit.
- Any use of loudspeakers, amplification equipment, or other devices causing considerable noise may only be used through advance approval from the Recreation Supervisor. Any use of the Pavilion must not detract from the enjoyment of the park by other park patrons or area residents. Any group having a band for musical entertainment must have approval by the Recreation Supervisor.
- Groups holding permits are required to leave facility and grounds in a clean and orderly condition. Any items not completed will result in the stated deduction amounts on the Clean-Up Checklist.
- The City of Beloit will provide two (2) refuse dumpsters. These are located outside in the N.E. corner of the parking lot. All groups will be required to dispose of their refuse in the dumpsters relative to the Clean-Up Checklist.
- Disposal of grease on the park premises as a result of cooking is prohibited. Organizations or groups caught disposing of grease illegally could be subject to a substantial fine. All groups must make their own arrangements for proper disposal of grease. Please see that no grease is spilled on the pavilion floor, apron or sidewalks. Use a mat of some kind under grills/barbecues to prevent this from happening. A fee may be assessed if grease is spilled on any of the above mentioned surfaces. There are coals ONLY receptacles in the parking lot.
- No group is allowed to open or close or pull the tarps for any reason. If this occurs, your group/organization may forfeit all of the clean-up/damage deposit refund.
- No group/individuals are to operate any City of Beloit equipment located on the premises. Failure to abide by these rules will forfeit the deposit amount.
- If your weekend rental has any problems/concerns while using the Pavilion, please call 608-364-2929.
- Total fee, less 50% of clean-up/damage deposit, is returned if cancelled 30 days or more prior to the rental date. Total fee, less 100% of clean-up/damage deposit, is returned if cancelled within 30 days of the rental date
- $30.00 processing fee will be charged for all checks returned to us for any reason.
- Keys to the Pavilion will be picked up at 2351 Springbrook Court; Monday-Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Keys must be returned to the Park & Rec Office the next business day. There is a drop box outside the visitor’s door for returning the keys at 2351 Springbrook Ct. for the keys also. The Office is closed on weekends & holidays.
Edwards Ice Arena (October through February)
Edwards Ice Arena offers public skating hours 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Fridays and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays October through February.
Beloit Youth Hockey Associated program, October-March. http://www.beloithockey.com/